Head of Faculty of Social Studies M/UPR £25,714 to £41,604 plus TLR1b £10,202 pa
Required for September 2022
Kenton School is a vibrant and inclusive secondary school at the heart of the community in which we serve. With just 1800 students, we are amongst the largest schools in the North East.
At Kenton are clear about our vision; Students are at the centre of everything we do. Through collaboration, every aspect of our work is of high quality. Our academies deliver an ambitious and inclusive curriculum that enables all students to excel academically and socially.
As Head of Faculty of Social Studies and RE, you will lead a team of 5 teachers. This is a
vibrant, exciting and supportive department who oversee a range of popular courses throughout the various Key Stages but particularly at Key Stage 5. The department is housed in its own area, is well resourced and benefits from close links with humanities.
If you are the person we are looking for you will be able to demonstrate:
· Demonstrable experience driving performance improvements in your designated curriculum or core leadership area.
· An ability to think and act strategically with sensitivity to organisational and wider political priorities to deliver high quality outcomes.
· An ability to use data effectively and present views and opinions in discussion which contribute to positive outcomes including the ability to challenge, give feedback and accept feedback constructively.
· A proven track record of effective people, resource and financial management.
· Ability to demonstrate high expectations and to instill these in others.
In return we will offer:
· Salary sacrifice schemes such as childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
· Access to on site gym facilities.
· Fantastically resourced schools with easy commuting access to both the A1 and A19.
This is an exciting opportunity, joining us in a role where you will play a key role in shaping the future of the wider school and the community that we serve.
How to Apply: You can apply through the TES website by clicking on the Quick Apply link. Alternatively, you can download and application form by clicking this link:
and returning your completed form to email@example.com.
Closing date: 12.00 Noon on 17 May 2022
Kenton Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in all our schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, children and staff at school. This post does involve engaging in regulated activity as defined in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and is except from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (as amended 1975, 2013 and 2020).